Family: Married to John; two daughters
Year started curling: 1993
Education: Bachelor's degree in nursing, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, N.D.; master's of science, nurse practitioner
- Olympic Winter Games: 2010 (10th)
- Women’s World Championship: 2012 (5th), 2009 (9th), 2008 (7th), 2007 (4th), 2006 (silver), 2004 (4th), 2002 (7th), 2000 (6th)
- U.S. National Championships: 2013 (bronze), 2012 (champion), 2011 (silver), 2009 (champion), 2008 (champion), 2007 (champion), 2006 (champion), 2005 (3rd), 2004 (champion), 2003 (runner-up), 2002 (champion), 2001 (semifinalist), 2000 (champion), 1999 (runner-up)
- U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Curling: 2014, 2010 (champion), 2006 (3rd), 2002 (6th), 1998 (6th)
- USA Curling Female Athlete of the Year: 2009
- USA Curling Team of the Year: 2004, 1997
- Shorty Jenkins Classic: 2003 (champion)
- Soo Curlers Cashspiel: 2004 (champion)
- Southwestern Ontario Charity Cashspiel: 2005 (champion)
- Continental Cup: 2013 (champion), 2007 (champion), 2006 (runner-up), 2004 (champion), 2002 (champion)
- World Curling Tour Players' Championship: 2006 (quarterfinalist)
- Junior Nationals: 1997 (champion), '95 (champion); 1994 (4th)
- Junior Worlds: 1997 (semifinalist); 1995 (6th)
- Wisconsin State Women's Champion: 2004
- 1999-2000 – Thunder Bay Grand Prix, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada (finalist); Welton Beauchamp Classic, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (semifinalist); Nebraska State Women's Champion; finished 13th in JVC Women's Curling Tour standings (highest ranked U.S. women's team).
- 1998-99 – Thunder Bay Grand Prix, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada (quarterfinalist); Wisconsin State Women's Champion.
About Natalie Nicholson:
Curls out of: Bemidji Curling Club, Bemidji, Minn.
What I've learned through curling: "I feel that curling has taught me a lot about myself. I find that my curling experiences are applicable to other areas in my life. The teamwork, team dynamics, dedication, discipline, hard work, and most importantly, good communication skills, are essential in the other things I am involved with outside of curling.”
Photo by Michael Burns Jr.