|Family: Married to Doug Pottinger; |
two daughters, Lauren & Kelsey
Year started curling: 1984
Education: Master's degree in marketing from the
University of Milwaukee
- Olympic Winter Games: 2010 (10th)
- U.S. National Championships: 2013 (bronze), 2012 (champion), 2011 (silver), 2009 (champion), 2008 (champion), 2007 (champion), 2006 (champion), 2005 (runner-up), 2004 (runner-up), 2003 (champion), 2002 (champion), 2001 (runner-up), 2000 (runner-up), 1999 (champion), 1998, 1997, 1996 (champion), 1995 (champion)
- Women's Worlds: 2012 (5th), 2009 (9th), 2008 (7th), 2007 (4th), 2006 (silver), 2003 (gold), 2002 (8th), 1999 (silver), 1997 (6th), 1996 (silver), 1995 (5th)
- U.S. Olympic Team Trials: 2014, 2010 (champion), 2006 (silver), 2002 (silver)
- Continental Cup: 2013 (champion), 2008 (runner-up), 2007 (champion), 2003 (runner-up)
- World Curling Tour Players' Championship: 2006 (quarterfinalist)
- Mixed National Championship: 1998, '95 (champion both years)
- U.S. Junior Women's Nationals: 1994 (champion)
- Junior Women's Worlds: 1994 (silver)
- Southwest Ontario Women's Cashspiel: 2005, 2002 (champion both years)
- Montreal Open (runner-up): 2003
- United States Olympic Committee Team of the Month: April 2003
- USA Curling Team of the Year: 2003, 1999
- USA Curling Female Athlete of the Year: 2012, 2008
|Other highlights include: |
- 2003 – Member of the first women's team to win a gold medal at the world level as vice skip of Debbie McCormick's team by defeating Colleen Jones' rink from Canada at the 2003 World Curling Championships in Winnipeg, Canada.
- 2000 – Wisconsin State Championships (champion); S.W. Ontario Women's Cashspiel, London, Ontario (semifinalist); Autumn Gold Curling Classic in Calgary, Alberta (semifinalist); Sask Power Women’s Classic in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada (semifinalist); St. Paul Cashspiel, St. Paul, Minn. (semifinalist)
- 1999 – United States Challenge Competition in Milwaukee, Wis. (champion); European Masters in Stockholm, Sweden (finalist); Weston Curling Classic in Ontario, Canada (finalist); SW Ontario Women’s Classic in London, Ontario, Canada (semifinalist)
- 1998 – European Masters in Stockholm, Sweden (finalist).
- 1997 – Karuizawa Challenge Cup in Karuizawa, Japan (champion); International Damen Cup in Berne, Switzerland (finalist); Sun Life Grand Prix in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada (qualifier); Badger State Games in Madison, Wis. (champion)
- 1996 – Canadian Bonspiels in Halifax (qualified) and Thunder Bay (qualified); Wisconsin Women’s (champion). Played on team that became the first women’s team to ever qualify for the final four at the St. Paul (Minn.) Cash 'Spiel.
About Allison Pottinger:
Curls out of: St. Paul Curling Club, St. Paul, Minn.
In her own words: "I learned to curl in Otterburn Park, Quebec, Canada, when I was in sixth grade. I come from a curling family - my father, mother, brother and sister all curl."
Other favorite sports: Running, mountain biking, kayaking and rock climbing. Played softball in college (University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh).
Education: Graduated from Richelieu Valley Regional High School in McMasterville, Quebec, Canada. Graduated from University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh with bachelor's degrees in political science and history in 1994. Earned a MBA in marketing at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 1998.