1.) Early Registration Discount
a. An early registration discount will be applied to any entries completed prior to two weeks before the event deadline. This can save teams up to $40 if all team members take advantage of his or her $10 savings, bringing the entry fee back down to the previous season’s cost.
2.) USCA National Championships Incentive Pool
a. The following incentive payments are available at the 2013 USA Curling Men’s and Women’s National Championships:
b. 1st Place: $2,500
c. 2nd Place: $1,500
d. 3rd Place: $1,000
e. These payments are per team.
3.) New Refund/Withdrawal Policy
a. A new policy for entry fee refunds following a withdrawal is in effect for 2012-13. Refund requests may be granted only under the following circumstances:
- Cancellation of an event due to insufficient number of teams
- Verifiable online registration “system” errors
- A player registered and was subsequently determined to be ineligible because his or her club is not a USCA member club
- Certain hardship exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
b. Written requests for refunds are still required.
4.) Junior National Berth Allocations
- Nine states/regions are allocated berths in the Junior Nationals. The High Performance (HP) playoff winner will be allocated one berth in the Junior Nationals.
- The team that advances from the HP playoff will be known as the HP Team, will not be considered to represent a state or region, and will not be considered when the fill policy is applied.
- In the event that one or more regions are unable to field a team, the vacant slot(s) will be filled to a total of ten teams using the current fill policy.
5.) End of Travel Stipends
a. There will be no travel stipends paid to teams participating in 2012-2013 USCA Championships.
Please note that once the 2012-13 USA Curling Rules Booklet is made available, any information in the official Rules Book will be the final information.